10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2017 10:17 AM by max_clark

It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0

yu.yanfeng

I just migrated VPL1 to VPL2. I found it takes very long time or hangs to generate a report from VPL 3.0 if you hope to list  thounsands parts or more.

The database and VLM all in the local machine. When I use Oracle SQL to query the database and generated all part reports(60K parts), it only take minutes.

I logged this on the supportnet,hope Valor team to address up this issue.

1.gif

Yanfeng

• 1. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
          yu.yanfeng

I received call from one of local CAE, he told me he doesn't see this symptom on his machine(Windox 7 X64). Then I asked another CAE he told me he known this issue and saw it on other custermer side.  Today mornining, I installed VLM clinet on a remote machine and done a step-increased quantity test, It hangs while package quality reach to 12,110. I closed vlm and can't login in again, the database in server totally be destroyed.

VPL 3.0 is the poorest version. Why Mentor released  such poorest and not be verifed version? I will try to touch Mentor guy who are responsible for this product after the  festival.

Yanfeng

• 2. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
            max_clark

Dear Mr. Yanfeng,

I appreciate and understand the challenge you are observing with the VPL.  You indicated that you have properly registered a service request using SupportNet.   SupportNet is the process to use to resolve an issue as you have described below.  I can provide the community some assurance by indicating that large organizations have been using VPL 3.0 since its release in June 2011.

It is unfortunate that in your particular case the experience you are having is not currently positive.  The support team will work with you to understand what is challenging us and then determine proper course of action.

Regards,

Max Clark

• 3. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
              yu.yanfeng

Max,

Much thanks for taking care of this severe issue. I believe it's a bug common to all VPL 3.0 users who created all parts/packages by themself. I like to hear some voices of VPL 3.0 users here.

Yanfeng

• 4. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
                sabitha.jamal

Hi Yu

I just wanted to get the information from you ,when does this delay is happening ? I mean ,during migration process or any just reporting process .We had also same issue while migrating to 2.0 .

Thanks and Regards

sabitha Jamal

SFO Technologies

• 5. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
                  yu.yanfeng

Hi Sabitha,

Thank you for sharing your migration experiences.  The database migration may takes hours or one day, all depends on the quantity of VPL packages etc and it's not the issue. The real issue is that it will stop response while generate a report from the migrated V2.0 database. I have done the test and envetrually database were corrupted. I reported this to Mentor and get anwser like "maybe the database have inherent error, We don't find this symptom in our side..."

Would you like help me to validate this symptom? You try to list all packages from VLM to see if VLM hangs.

Best regards,

Yanfeng

• 6. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
                    sabitha.jamal

Hi Yu,

We have faced this issue during Migration and Reporting time .As you said the real message couldn't seen during and after migration .Finally we decided to keep the migration process independently overnight ..Next day morning ,there were no message and all in desktop ,then we really  disappointed  and re-started the system.. But luckly all database were migrated to the newer version. .This was the real secret of migration process.!

Best Regards

Sabitha ,SFO Technologies

• 7. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
                      yu.yanfeng

Much thanks for helping confirming this issue. I have just logged this issue( 2462986974)on the supportnet.  It's a real issue to user who creating all parts and pacakges by themself  that VLM always hangs up during listing items where qualitity exceeds over thounds.  Hope tht we get a patch to this issue a.s.a.p.

Yanfeng

• 8. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
                        sabitha.jamal

Hi Yu

I believe the below mentioned no is the SR request no ,But when I search the same SR no ,I didn't locate it..

Thanks and Regards

sabitha

SFO Technologies

• 9. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
                          shivukumar

Hi All,

How can we export parts from VPL Manager with Owner name for individual AVL.

Ow.jpg

Or any alternative solution to get owner name for Individual AVL.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar N

• 10. Re: It takes very long time to generate a report from VPL 3.0
                            max_clark

Shiva,

Start in the Part screen and add a criterion equaling the Owner of the parts you want to export, then perform the search.  That should list all the parts you want to export in the screen above.  Located up in the toolbar is an Export button, selecting that will result with an Export Wizard.  The first option "Once" is probably what you want, select Next.  The next screen has three options, you want "Export Selected Parts", select Next.  The rest of the process is pretty straight forward.  After attempting this if you still cannot determine the right steps may I suggest that you open a ticket with our support staff and they will give you a hand directly.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Max Clark