jeff.bailey

DDR3 wizard - ODT IBIS Model Selectors tab - ODT settings for controller tied together?

Discussion created by jeff.bailey on Jan 27, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2012 by weston_beal

When trying to change an ODT setting for my DDR3 controller, if I make a setting change under any one of the "DQS, DQS#", "DQ", or "DM" columns, it enforces that mode selection on all three columns for the controller.  This is causing me some issues in teh setup.  The DM "ODT Enabled" mode is not a valid mode as DM is unidirectional driven by teh controller, yet I need to set a valid ODT mode for the DQS, DQS#, and DQ nets.

If I set a valid ODT mode for DQS, DQ#, and DQ nets, the change is enforced on the DM nets as well, and for some reason I get an error about all of my address nets being assigned that model at the controller as well, this is especially odd because they are not even ODT nets, and a driver model for all of those nets is assigned correctly in the "Non-ODT IBIS Model Selectors" tab.

There just seems to be a whole lot not adding up here, is there maybe some problem with how the models I'm using are grouping nets?  I can run interactive simulations on all of this stuff outside of the wizard just fine, using the same models.

Thanks in advance for any insight, I'll check back Monday.

Jeff

Outcomes