7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 2:27 PM by pcorbin

pls help on Fatal Error in PADS 9.0.1

virenderkumar16

Dear All,

I am facing a problem of Fatal Error whilie doing layout in pads layout.

It starts occurs today not before today and its verfy frequent.

I Have attached snap shot for the same, pls find in attachement.

Fatal Error in Pads Layout.bmp

pls help me

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Virender

• 1. Re: pls help on Fatal Error in PADS 9.0.1
          yu.yanfeng

You may try to run the integrity check and export ASCII file, then create a new pcb databse by importing the ASCII file

Yanfeng

• 2. Re: pls help on Fatal Error in PADS 9.0.1
            virenderkumar16

Dear

Yanfeng,

I tried to export and import the file in a new design i feel found some problems while exporting the file,

here it is:-

"Open Piece" piece on layer <All Layers> near (156836700, -40535070) (Drawing name: D-SIZE-2011, Id: 93)

This piece has zero length. Piece skipped.

"Open Piece" piece on layer <All Layers> near (156836700, -40535070) (Drawing name: D-SIZE-2011, Id: 93)

and also when i import the ASCII file i also noticed that most of my routed tracks are missing. so have also attached the import log text file in attachement pls find for that.

Regards

Virender

• 3. Re: pls help on Fatal Error in PADS 9.0.1
              yu.yanfeng

Sorry. It's only a trick for recovering dataseL

1) use modeless command "i" to do integrity check and save it

2) use Pads router to open it and save it with different name

3) use Pads layout to open saved file, do integrity check again,  and export ASCII file(select all and basic unit, leave others blank)

4) Create a new pcb and import ASCII flie.

If error continues, you have to contact CSE with uploaded database.

Addtionally, you may try to update to newer version of  Pads.

Yanfeng

• 4. Re: pls help on Fatal Error in PADS 9.0.1
                virenderkumar16

Dear Yanfeng,

I try to do as you said but i stuck in the verfy first step in integrity checking using modeless command "i" at 60% of integrity check, it could not go more than that and So at that point my Pads file got Hangged and could not proceed further.

So i am not able to do further,

Second thing i noted here when i export the design it gives error as already mensioned above so with error i imported the file and i found some

of tracks and almost all polygon were missing in the design.

So here I am not able use the design as it is means i have to sacrifiy with some missing.

Dear Yanfeng thanks for yours support and if you some more we can try.

Regards

Virender

• 5. Re: pls help on Fatal Error in PADS 9.0.1
                  jduquette

How long did it hang?  You might try giving it 10+ minutes...

• 6. Re: pls help on Fatal Error in PADS 9.0.1
                    jmatthews

Sounds like you may have a graphic piece stuck outside the editing window. Open your .asc file (it's a simple text file), and do a search for 156836700 -40535070. And delete the item(s) associated with tha dimension.

Or post up your .asc file and let one of us see if we can fix it.

An alternative would be to try exporting .asc files of sections of your board to see if you can isolate the problem.

• 7. Re: pls help on Fatal Error in PADS 9.0.1
                      pcorbin

IThat's a simple fix. As John  says. FInd the offending piece in the ascii file and delete it. I find myself

doing this on a fairly regular basis. I get some pretty whacked out DBs from around the world sometimes.