3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2012 7:51 AM by Nuri

Design Rule Checks in VeSys Design

sking

Do the Design Rule Checks in VeSys Design check to see if there is an appropriate size terminal for a given wire specification, much the same as Cavity Component Management does in VeSys Harness?

• 1. Re: Design Rule Checks in VeSys Design
          Phil_Davies

Hi Scott,

We do not have a DRC in VeSys to check this however we do have one in Capital called "Wire fits cavity mismatch"

Please can you enter into our ideas site that the DRC from Capital should be ported into VeSys and we will see what we can do.

Regards

Phil D

• 2. Re: Design Rule Checks in VeSys Design
            Joel_Pointon

Hi Phil,

I don't understand why VeSys 2.0 users should need to request a feature that is already available in VeSys Classic.  During my evaluation of VeSys 2.0 I found it frustrating that some of the features aren't available in 2.0, I did ask for a list of Classic features that weren't available in 2.0 but never got a response this would have saved me time looking for features that weren't there.  What maybe useful is a document that describing the process for a particular task in 2.0 compared to Classic as in some areas they do work quite differently, I don't know if anything like this is available?

Joel

• 3. Re: Design Rule Checks in VeSys Design
              Nuri

Hi Joel,

This particular check is available in VeSys 2.0 Harness, the "background design rule check" for VeSys 2.0 Design does not exist today - but is something that will be considered.

If you would like to contact me I would be happy to discuss the current roadmap for VeSys 2.0 which you will see is progressing at a fast pace,

Kind Regards,

Nuri