I know the student editions are supposed to be pretty selfsupporting but a basic outline of the process would sure help.
I have downloaded the software, then there was a form that seemed to be the licensing bit...it downloaded a file called modelsim-pe_student_edition.exe
that created an executable install.exe which can verify the installation. That seems to checkout. But no licensing.
I have also directly run the executable as it finished downloading as per these instructions:
Step 1 - Download the Latest Software
- You must be logged in as the administrator on the computer you are installing ModelSim PE Student Edition.
- To begin the process, download the software from the FTP server by completing the ModelSim PE Student Edition license
agreement form from the downloads tab.
- Select the FTP link provided on the confirmation page and downloaded the .exe file.
Step 2 - Install the Software
- After the file downloads completely, double-click on the exe file to start the installation process.
Step 3 - Complete the License Request Form
- At the end of the installation process, select Finish and a browser window will invoke with the License Request form
But no browser window is invoked - I have turned off my firewall; I have three different browsers to choose from: Chrome, IE, and Safari...but nothing
The original download and install via a file called: modelsim-win32-10.1a-se.exe installs the files that the modelsim-pe_student_edition.exe seems to be checking. When modelsim-win32-10.1a-se.exe finishes installing - it does launch a licensing wizard but not sure if that is what is needed or not. The first screen asks if there is a licensing dongle...there isn't. After "no" it asks for hostname information for a licensing server. I don't really have one of those either. There is a tool to configure a license server...but that hangs and goes into "not responding". So....what is the correct procedure?
Which files do I need to download?
Which form do I fill out to get a student license?
If that is all fail, what other options are there?
help my assignments are coming due...design a three bit counter - and a 4:1 mux.