2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 5:47 AM by Thomas.DeSmit

Any way to disable "Update PDB Properties on Symbol" option in packager?

Thomas.DeSmit

We are using DxDesigner in the EE flow (currently 7.9.2), and we use DxDatabook to populate properties. We are still pretty new to this flow, and there are changes made in the Central Library, and/or database, fairly often. We also have designs that have been translated from DC.

When Packager is run on some designs, there are sometimes warnings/errors that instuct the user to turn on the option to "Update PDB Properties on Symbol". I think the warnings/errors may be because of changes made or due to translation issues.

I'm pretty sure from past experience and my limited knowledge of how DxDesigner/DxDatabook works, that when using DxDatabook for Properties, we would NEVER want to use this option. I've tried to get this information out to the designers, but it's difficult to get this point stressed with them, when the packager keeps telling them to use this option. So my question is this: Is there any way to disable/grey out this option in packager? It seems to me that any one that is using DxDatabook would want to prevent this option from being used on a design. If I'm missing something, please enlighten me!

Thanks,

Tom D.

Aeroflex