What until you see what's coming out in the next few releases! Let's just say it's good stuff
Anyway, for Frozen Package = Fix on the symbol to stick, preassign a Reference Designator on the symbol. U? doesn't work, make it U999. That should create more warning messages if something else needs to be fixed.
Frozen Package only works with the Expedition flow, and running Packager.
If you are exporting to another tool, with the netlist flow and ViewPCB send a message back.
Thanks for the quick response. The issue turns out to be due to 'operator error' on my part. I had a part with two OE pins that I connected to a net. These OE pins were then left un-connected in the other instances of the part in the schematic. This was causing the netlister to assign a new REF DES to the other instances of the part since it assumed I wanted to use a new part based on the un-connected pins. Should have been obvious, but it wasnt't
Thank you for the update with the reason!
A couple months back, Gary said 'Wait til you see what's coming out in the next releases.' Well, the wait is over!
EE 7.9.4 was released last week.
The following EE 7.9.4 resources, including a significantly enhanced DxDesigner, are available on SupportNet. (login required)
- Software download
- 'What's New' (PDF document, posted on the software download page)
- DxDesigner 7.9.4 overview (10 min video)
- Constraint system highlights in EE 7.9.4 (10 min video)
- TIP: CES customers looking for quick help on a problem should check out the new CES Onboard Series!
- Expedition PCB & XtremePCB 7.9.4 content (10 min video)