5 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2012 5:56 AM by davep

9.4.1 Update

davep

I recently updated to PADS Flow 9.4.1.  I used the settings migration tool.  Everytime I start DxDesigner I now have to go into the selection filter and select 'All', it defaults to nothing being selected.  Also, no matter how many times I open a project there are never any projects listed under the recent projects list.

Do I need to do anything for DxDesigner to remember my choices so I don't have to constanly change the selection filter?

• 1. Re: 9.4.1 Update
          robert_davies

Do you have a local WDIR folder that is writeable for you? These settings are stored there, both are in the DxDesigner.xml file. If you have a writeable folder try renaming the DxDesigner.xml and DxDesigner will create a new one.

• 2. Re: 9.4.1 Update
            davep

Is there a way to determine which DxDesigner.xml file is being used?

Also, in the previous version when more than 1 sheet was open they would appear as tabs at the bottom of the window, in 9.4.1 I longer have the tab view.  Is there a setting that will enable the tab view?

• 3. Re: 9.4.1 Update
              Sravan_Kumar

enable view-schematic tabs in dxdesigner

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: 9.4.1 Update
                robert_davies

You can check the path via Control Panel for your environment varaiables, via iCDB Server Monitor under 'Settings' or via Dashboard. The variable is WDIR and the left-most entry should be a writeable directory that you have access to, for example WDIR=C:\MyWDIR;X:\CorpWDIR\C:\ C:'install path'\SDD_HOME\standard.

To show schematic tabs use View - Schematic Tabs as indicated in the other posting.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: 9.4.1 Update
                  davep

Thanks for the help everyone.  I was able to enable Tab viewing.  To fix the other problems I had to change the WDIR from 'c:\PADS Projects;C:\MentorGraphics\9.3PADS\SDD_HOME\standard' to 'c:\PADS Projects;C:\MentorGraphics\9.4PADS\SDD_HOME\standard'.