3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 11:37 AM by rachel.stanley

PADS 2007.4 install problem. No license was found (Aladdin USB Key)

johnbeale

I have PADS Layout 2007.4 which works fine on my old computer (WinXP SP3). I need to move it to a new computer (also WinXP SP3) but it is not working. I have the hardware USB license key. I do not use a floating license server (as far as I know). The new PC has "Symantec Endpoint Protection" antivirus installed, but  then so does the old PC, so I assume that is not a problem.

The small green USB key reads "Macrovision FLEXnet ID(tm)" on one side and "FLEXnet ID-9-298C22EC" on the other.   I installed the HASP4 Driver Version 4.102.5.22 (January 2006) on the new PC.  When inserted into a USB port on the new PC, the red light on the dongle goes on, which I assume means the USB key drivers are in order.

When the key installed, both Old and New PC "Device Manager" reports two items: Aladdin HASP Key, Aladdin USB key

I see "www.macrovision.com" no longer exists, that now redirects to rovicorp.com which seems to be out of this particular market. I did find http://www.minitab.com/uploadedFiles/Shared_Resources/Documents/License_Management/flexnet_licensing_end_user_guide.pdf but I haven't found anything useful to my situation in it.

I followed the instructions at http://communities.mentor.com/docs/DOC-2835 under "PADS9.2.1 and older releases" and the USB key is installed on the new PC, but I cannot run a licensed instance of PADS on the new PC. It behaves as if the USB key is not present, with the error message dialog box copied below.

Licensing Note!

No license was found for feature pwrshell. You have specified the following

license locations:

Using MGLS_LICENSE_FILE environment variable = C:\Documents and Settings\All

Users\Application Data\pads\2007_4\licensefile.dat

Using MGLS_LICENSE_FILE registry = c:\flexlm\license.dat

Using LM_LICENSE_FILE registry = c:\flexlm\license.dat

Using FLEXlm default locations for license files.

-------------------------

The following FLEXlm errors were found:

Server C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\pads\2007_4\licensefile.dat: Terminal Server remote client not allowed.

Feature:       padscrl_c

License path:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data -

\pads\2007_4\licensefile.dat

FLEXnet Licensing error:-103,577

For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,

available at "www.macrovision.com".

Server C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\pads\2007_4\licensefile.dat: No such feature exists.

License path:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data -

\pads\2007_4\licensefile.dat

FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,234

Server c:\flexlm\license.dat: Terminal Server remote client not allowed.

License path:  c:\flexlm\license.dat

FLEXnet Licensing error:-103,577

Server c:\flexlm\license.dat: No such feature exists.

License path:  c:\flexlm\license.dat

FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,234

(...etc.)