I want to confgure the DxDesigner RDC in a way to solve the following issue:
Find all nets, in our flat (not hirarchical) design that do not have an on/offsheet symbol connected to tehm and are are used on same or other page of the schematic.
- On page 100 the SIGNAL_1 is connected on two places /different parts and has in both cases a corss reference symbol on the other side.
- Additionally on page 100 the SIGNAL_1 is connected to two pins of other parts and has no cross referencer symbol connected
- I configure the DRC-121 to find internal connection symbols (symbol names value is *sheet*) and select internal connections to check
- The DRC finds the SIGNAL_1 on page100 with missing internal connection symbols error . Exactly the expected result.
Now it gets more complex:
- as change to the above, the connection without crossreference is not on page 100.
It has moved to page 110
- I additionally configure the DRC-121 to find flat connection symbols (symbol names value is *sheet*) and select flat connections to check
- The DRC finds SIGNAL_1 on page110 as missing flat symbol on net error. This is, what I need.
- Additionally, for every net which has a on/offsheet cross reference symbol but is not yet connetced to different pages but the same page
I get a redundant flat symbol error message for the net. This is not what I want to see.
The last redundant flat symbol check is neither mentioned in the documentation nor I can configure it.
Does anybody know, how to get rid of those messages and only find the connectivity issues?