14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2014 6:59 AM by robert_davies

Configuring DxDesigner DRC (drc-121 Net Connectivity Consistency)

Andreas.Schaefer

Hi,

I want to confgure the DxDesigner RDC in a way to solve the following issue:

Find all nets, in our flat (not hirarchical) design that do not have an on/offsheet symbol connected to tehm and are are used on same or other page of the schematic.

Example:

• On page 100 the SIGNAL_1 is connected on two places /different parts and has in both cases a corss reference symbol on the other side.
      • Additionally on page 100 the SIGNAL_1 is connected to two pins of other parts and has no cross referencer symbol connected
      • I configure the DRC-121 to find internal connection symbols (symbol names value is *sheet*) and select internal connections to check
      • The DRC finds the SIGNAL_1 on page100 with missing internal connection symbols error . Exactly the expected result.

Now it gets more complex:

• as change to the above, the connection without crossreference is not on page 100.
        It has moved to page 110
      • I additionally configure the DRC-121 to find flat connection symbols (symbol  names value is *sheet*) and select flat connections to check
      • The DRC finds SIGNAL_1 on page110 as missing flat symbol on net error. This is, what I need.
      • Additionally, for every net which has a on/offsheet cross reference symbol but is not yet connetced to different pages but the same page
        I get a redundant flat symbol error message for the net. This is not what I want to see.

The last redundant flat symbol check is neither mentioned in the documentation nor I can configure it.

Does anybody know, how to get rid of those messages and only find the connectivity issues?

Kind regards,

Andreas