1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 6, 2012 1:08 PM by Alex_Grange

Warning: U1 pin AE18 not loaded from F:\PADS Projects\HLBoardSimLink.ref

hello all

when i had import the .ref file,hyperlynx prompts that warning found loading .ref files

Warning: U1 pin AE18 not loaded from F:\PADS Projects\HLBoardSimLink.ref

Pin AE18 of component Spartan-3AD has no model in file f:\MentorGraphics\9.3PADS\SDD_HOME\hyperlynx\LIBS\spartan3AD.ibs

Or pin AE18 types differ (e.g. POWER pin found where I/O pin required).

Warning: U1 pin AF18 not loaded from F:\PADS Projects\HLBoardSimLink.ref

Pin AF18 of component Spartan-3AD has no model in file f:\MentorGraphics\9.3PADS\SDD_HOME\hyperlynx\LIBS\spartan3AD.ibs

Or pin AF18 types differ (e.g. POWER pin found where I/O pin required).

Warning: U1 pin AD17 not loaded from F:\PADS Projects\HLBoardSimLink.ref

Pin AD17 of component Spartan-3AD has no model in file f:\MentorGraphics\9.3PADS\SDD_HOME\hyperlynx\LIBS\spartan3AD.ibs

Or pin AD17 types differ (e.g. POWER pin found where I/O pin required).

can you tell me the reason why it happened?

thank you!

• 1. Re: Warning: U1 pin AE18 not loaded from F:\PADS Projects\HLBoardSimLink.ref
          Alex_Grange

This may be an issue due to a mismatch in pin names of the IBIS model and the pin names in the actual design. This warning message is actually covered in TechNote MG59548: Handling Pin Mismatches between the IBIS Model and the Part Used. You will need to ensure that you ref file matches your actual design. Therefore you will need to either edit the IBIS model to match the part on the board or manually assign each pin model to the pin on the board. If you see no inconsisitencies then we may need to open a service request for your issue to be able to determine the actual cause of this issue.