3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 8:00 PM by wchunl86

How do you create a multi-gate symbol.

bachille

In other words if I have a quad diode in a single package how do I define the schematic symbol? Do I just have 1 symbol that has selectable pin numbers or do I have multiple symbols with the correct pin numbers? This would also apply to multi-gate devices.

• 1. Re: How do you create a multi-gate symbol.
          robert_davies

If you're using the EE flow there is a Sample Library in the install that has examples of multi-gate and multi-slot parts. Otherwise look in the on-line help.

• 2. Re: How do you create a multi-gate symbol.
            MikeD

Creating gate assignments and pin mapping is done in the Part Editor from within Library Manager.

A - the symbol must be created with the "value" of the Pin Number property empty (so it can be defined during packaging by the Part Editor)

1 - import the cell

2 - import the symbol, checking both boxes, importing names/numbers and etc.

3 - in the matrix area, create a new gate(s) with the blue toolbar button with the gold star in it

If you choose, enable swapping by selecting the gates and using the Swap toolbar button. A blue indicator will appear in the left-most column.

Mike

• 3. Re: How do you create a multi-gate symbol.
              wchunl86

i have some questions about the multi-gate symbols, for example the FPGA, there are some errors like this"ERROR:There is no part Number: XC5V85T_FF1136_MGT_114 in the parts    Database for symbols with Part Name :XC5V85T_FF1136_MGT_114 and Part Label:(null).[Plrsdr add the Part Number to the PDB either directly or by having the project file point to a PDB that contains it]" can you tell me how can i debug this problems like this?