AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding Special Components to a project

Question asked by barry_mcginley on Jul 16, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2012 by robert_davies

Toolset: PADS9.3.1

Issue: I would like to add NC, Onsheet and Offsheet symbols to a schematic for DRC purposes but they do not seem to be available.

Description I can see the symbols in the \SDD_HOME\standard\examples\SampleLib2007\SymbolLibs\builtin\sym directory ( e.g onsheet.1 ) but I can't seem to add them to my project. I go to Setup/Settings; then in the Setting popup I go to Project/Boards/Special Components and see nothing available in the viewer. Here's a screenshot

SpecComp_1.jpg

Next new is selected and another popup opens with a list of libraries. In this case it is the libraries in DxDatabook and my local project library but the builtin library is not listed. here's another screenshot

SpecComp_2.jpg

I've tried going to Settings/Board/Symbol Libraries to import the builtin library and trying to import a library from the standard/examples/sampleLib2007 directory because I can see the onsheet.1 symbol file there. Unfortuantely the popup is looking for a *.prj file and there are none to be found in any of the library directories. Here's the final screenshot:

SpecComp_3.jpg

I'm working my way through the DxD users guide, DxD reference manual, and DxD synbole editor manual and I haven't found anything helpful with this problem.

In a nutshell how do I import a built in library into a project ( and find the elusive *.prj file)?

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.

Outcomes