2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2012 5:35 PM by andrewng

    LVS with different result for different version

    andrewng

      Dear All,

       

      I got a case which show a matched LVS result in 2008.3_34_24.

      And then I tried to use another version 2009.3_15_12 and I got a property error.

      However, when I used another version 2010.2_38_23 and I got a matched result.

       

      I would like to understand that why it will happen?

      I am sure that all settings, all input database and source are the same when I use both version.


      Which version should I believe?

       

      Andrew

        • 1. Re: LVS with different result for different version
          samantha_lizak

          Hi Andrew-

           

          Chances are you should trust the 2010.2 results.  I did a search of the Corrected Defects list, and there are several candidates. Some are caused by changes in defaults which had knock-on effects -- this sort of thing is generally corrected in the Update Releases. I noticed that both 'clean' runs were done with update release versions, while the 2009.3 version was a quarterly release (not an update release).

           

          To pinpoint the specific bug would require a complete testcase with both the entire rule file and the design it was run on. You could try looking through the Corrected Defects document for each intervening release, but as they are only one or two sentences each, it may be hard to identify the exact match.

           

          -Sam.

          • 2. Re: LVS with different result for different version
            andrewng

            Dear Samantha,

             

            Thanks for your detail explain!

            I will use 2010.2 as my final result.

             

            Andrew