4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 2:46 AM by michal_ferdek

Exporting a Bill of Materials

tyrone.piper

I am trying to Export a bill of materials from DX Designer. I have a Access database . Using dx designer Parlister, I am unable to configure the columbs for the export file. The columb selection pull down does not have the fields which are in my database. It only contains the default component data fields.

You can manually input the field/columb name, but when you export the BOM only the columb name appears, with no data under it.

The help document simply tells you to select the feild name and add it to the ouput list. This is fine for all of the default field names which appear in the drop down menu but there is no mention of how to get field names from your own database onto this list.

Note, I have verified the the design to ensure all of the component properties enclude all of the fields from the database.

I must be missing something?

• 1. Re: Exporting a Bill of Materials
          michal_ferdek

Hello Tyrone,

Please take a look at these TechNotes: MG543512 and MG551865.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Michal

• 2. Re: Exporting a Bill of Materials
            tyrone.piper

Hello Michal

Thank you for the prompt reply, Where would I find these documents, I have searched on the mentor site but have found no results

Regards,

Tyrone Piper

Electronic Hardware Engineer

Invensys Controls

This e-mail and any associated files are intended solely for the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Please do not copy it or use it for any other purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Further, this e-mail and any associated files may be confidential and further may be legally privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments thereto from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.

The sender of this email works within the Invensys Controls Europe group of companies, a division of Invensys plc which is a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X 7AW (Registered number 166023). Click here<http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.com/InvensysControlsEurope/en/AboutUs/CompanyInfo.htm> for a list of active legal entities within the Invensys Controls Europe group of companies.

The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates) and the intended addressee (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).

• 3. Re: Exporting a Bill of Materials
              tyrone.piper

I apologise I have found one of them

Regards,

Tyrone Piper

Electronic Hardware Engineer

Invensys Controls

This e-mail and any associated files are intended solely for the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Please do not copy it or use it for any other purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Further, this e-mail and any associated files may be confidential and further may be legally privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments thereto from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.

The sender of this email works within the Invensys Controls Europe group of companies, a division of Invensys plc which is a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X 7AW (Registered number 166023). Click here<http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.com/InvensysControlsEurope/en/AboutUs/CompanyInfo.htm> for a list of active legal entities within the Invensys Controls Europe group of companies.

The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates) and the intended addressee (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).

• 4. Re: Exporting a Bill of Materials
                michal_ferdek

Hello again,

Please use these links to open proper TNs in your browser directly:

http://supportnet.mentor.com/reference/technotes/public/technote.cfm?id=MG543512

http://supportnet.mentor.com/reference/technotes/public/technote.cfm?id=MG551865

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Michal