I have a need to go back to PADS 2005 to make libraries.
1. Will 2005 install and run separately using the configurator without
disturbing my 9.x installations?
2. Will PADS 2005 run using the current 2012 authorization codes?
3. I need to place all parts on a board and schematic and save to librray to create 2005 libs?
I think this was posted, Is there an easier way by manipulating the library text files - is it just a header issue
or more involved than that?
I can answer questions 1 & 2:
1). It depends on the PADS release and where your installations are loaded to:
- If PADS 2005 SPac1 or older there is no Configurator so 9.x and 2005 can be loaded to wherever and they shouldn't interfere with each other aside from possible .pcb file association issues with Windows (usually the most recently installed version wins)
- If PADS 2005 SPac2 or SPac3 then the Configurator must be run to switch between 2005 and 9.x versions. Make sure you have both versions installed to the same directory location (by default: C:\MentorGraphics) and there should be no issues.
For more details refer to Best practices for a successful PADS Flow installation
2). Mostly, yes. If you are using a newer PADS "suite" license (introduced with PADS 2007.x or newer) you will likely need to update the Mgc.pkginfo file. For details refer to PADS Suite license doesn't work with older releases (video)
One key exception where updating the Mgc.pkginfo won't resolve is running DxDesigner with a PADS ES (padses_c) or LS (padsls_c) license; this is not possible in versions older than PADS 9.0.
For more details regarding PADS licensing transitions refer to History of key licensing and installation changes/transitions in PADS
I hope that helps.
I'm new to this forum but have been using DxDesigner Version 2005.1.1 for awhile on a Win XP machine. My installation works fine, but a fellow user while looking at the Windows calendar accidently changed the date. After that she gets DxDesigner license errors, even after correcting the computer date.
Is there a way to correct the problem other than doing an uninstall/install ?
Thank you for any reply. Also is there a way to be notified when a reply is posted here if I don't happen to be logged in ?
To get more visibility for your DxDesigner question, would you please repost it in one of the DxDesigner sub-communities?
To be notified of replies, click the 'Receive Email Notifications' link. You can sign up for notifications for specific threads (only) under the Actions widget in the side bar, or you can sign up for entire Design areas under the Notifications widget. The latter also has an option to receive updates via RSS feed.
This should be asked to the licensing team.
It is possible to subscribe to a community and get updates to your email.
If the follow the procedure in the following document, it should take care of the problem.