Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (4 pts)
6,729 Views 5 Replies Last post: Dec 10, 2010 6:14 AM by robert_davies RSS
bkk.kim Contributor 8 posts since
Nov 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 25, 2010 2:57 AM

How to get the schematic net lists from Dxdesigner?

I want to know how to export the net lists from dxdesigner 2007.5.

I can find *.edn file. but that is not what I want to get!

I want to get simple text file which have net lists.

Who can help me?

robert_davies Expert 883 posts since
Sep 3, 2008
Nov 25, 2010 3:06 AM in response to: bkk.kim
Re: How to get the schematic net lists from Dxdesigner?

You don't say what you want to do with this 'netlist', is it just informational or for some kind of post-processing? You can export a 'netlist' from the File Export - Quick Connection View command. This gives generic information in a text format. Other options are RINF and Cadence Allegro from the EE flow (one way export only).

In the netlist flow you can export to third party PCB layout tools by setting up the appropriate flow for the project and using the PCB interface to do both forward and backward annotation.

dsmith1 Contributor 6 posts since
Jul 21, 2010
Nov 30, 2010 2:41 PM in response to: robert_davies

I think that 'bkk.kim' is looking for a generic netlist - just a list of net names and what parts and pins are tied together.  

But I do have a couple questions about the DX 2007.9 IND PCB Interface dialog box.  Although my company uses Allegro, we also have several downstream processes that rely on the generic netlist file format.  So everytime we generate an allegro netlist file (.tel) we also generate a generic netlist file (.net).

a) I noticed that by default, the "Results" tab is not displayed.  This seems to be hard-coded into the way pcbui gets launched.  Is there anyway to get the "Results" tab to display?

b) I've figured out how get the PCB Interface dialog box to default to my custom allegro15.cfg file out on our server (Setup => Settings => Project).

But when I check the "Assign Reference Designators" bubble to generate an allegro netlist, it always defaults to the generic.cfg on my C: drive rather than my custom generic.cfg out on our server.

So how do I get the PCB Interface dialog box to default to the generic.cfg out on our server and also deplay the results tab?

I'm sure that there is some path variable that I can set to handle this - correct?

Many thanks in advance.

Sep 3, 2008
Nov 30, 2010 11:43 PM in response to: dsmith1

The setting for the generic config file is read from the DxDesigner.xml file, well it is supposed to be but there is a bug which means that it is always resetting this to the standard file in the install. We are looking into this and have plans to address this and other issues with the new UI related to the use of the different configuration files.

The results of the run are reported to the output window in DxD, there is a Tab for ViewPCB output. You can dock the output window to the side, top or bottom of your DxD main window and also dock this with other windows, DxDataBook for instance, so that you do not clutter up the working environment.

dsmith1 Contributor 6 posts since
Jul 21, 2010
Dec 9, 2010 12:20 PM in response to: robert_davies

Would you happen to know the command line arguments for the netlister ?

(I can't seem to find this information in the DxDesigner 2007.9 IND Help files or Supportnet.)

I'd like to be able to automate (in a batch file) the creation of both a generic netlist (for custom downstream processes) and an Allegro netlist (for PCB/CAD) at the same time.

Sep 3, 2008
Dec 10, 2010 6:14 AM in response to: dsmith1

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)