PADS9.3 and newer releases:
Refer to the Managing Mentor Graphics Software manual for guidance, or follow the steps below.
1. Start Menu location of "Install License File" program
Run the Install License File shortcut available inside the PADS Licensing Assistance area:
Start > All Programs > Mentor Graphics SDD > PADS Licensing Assistance > Install License File
2. "Choose Licensing Configuration" dialog
Select the Network/Floating Licensing radio button and click the Next >> button.
Note: Refer to Types of Licenses for the difference between Floating and Mobile Compute (Node-locked) license types. For setting up a network/floating license server, refer to How to configure my Windows machine as the license server.
3. "Set Port and Server" dialog
Type in the name of the license server machine, into the Host name of Server: field.
If the port number is not the default of 1717 change it to the correct port number. Consult the administrator of your license server if you are not sure about these values.
Click the Next>> button to continue.
4. When a problem is detected
If an error dialog appears, like the one shown below (click to enlarge), it means there was a problem with the license installation. In the error message below the license manager for Mentor Graphics has not yet been configured on server "titanic" (refer to How to configure my Windows machine as the license server for details).
Click the HELP button to refer to the troubleshooting PDF for a table of error codes and messages, and tips on how to resolve. Note: For an online version of the table of error codes and messages, refer to the Appendix A Troubleshooting chapter in the Managing Mentor Graphics Systems Software manual.
Click the OK button to continue with the license installation.
Click the CANCEL button to return to the Set Port and Server dialog.
5. "Licensing Configuration Complete" dialog
When the license installation is complete the following dialog will appear (click to enlarge). Notice the port@host of the license server appears at the end of the MGLS_LICENSE_FILE environment variable value.
Click the Done button to exit the license installation.
Click the Licensing button to install an additional licensing configuration.
PADS9.2.1 and older releases:
1. Run the Install License File shortcut available inside the PADS Licensing Assistance area.
Start > Programs > Mentor Graphics SDD > PADS Licensing Assistance > Install License File
Note: For PADS2007.3 and earlier versions the Install License shortcut can be found at the following Start menu location:
Start > Programs > Mentor Graphics SDD > (PADS version) > Licensing Tools -> Install License
2. Select the Network license client radio button and click Next >>
3. Select (or manually enter) the port number and enter the hostname of the license server. Click Next >>
4. If you run into the below error message it could be the license manager on the server has not yet been set up, or that the port or hostname is different. Check with your system administrator or IT/IS department to ensure you have the correct port and hostname information, and that the license manager on the server is up and running.
Click Yes to continue with the license installation, or No to cancel.
NOTE: For details on how to set up a license server on Windows, refer to How to configure my Windows machine as the license server
5. Click Done to complete the installation.