If you've received a new license file for your server, please watch this video and follow this procedure for updating your license manager (server) with your new file.
Updating Your License File:
- Open Start > Programs > Mentor Graphics Licensing > Lmtools.
- Select the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
- Choose the service you wish to stop.
- Click Stop Server. Note: you may want to verify with the Windows Task Manager that both the lmgrd and mgcld processes have stopped.
- Navigate to your license file. Note: You can verify the path on the Config Services tab.
- Rename your old license file and save your new one in it's place.
- Edit your new license file replacing the "put_server_name_here" in the SERVER field with the hostname of the license server. You can copy and past this from your old license file.
- Replace the "path_to_mgcld" in the DAEMON line with the local path to mgcld.
- Save your license file.
- In Lmtools, click Start Server on the Start/Stop/Reread tab.