- A way to more accurately share exact coordinate windows in WORKbench using Clips feature.
(Not to be confused with SVRF command "LAYOUT WINDOW CLIP YES")
- Sometimes it is difficult to share coordinates of a desired window in WORKbench.
- Some people send a single centered coordinate, but not the size of the window, and the problem area may or may not be in the center of the window.
- Some people send a jpeg snapshot that may or may not include the coordinate fields, and when they do include them, the recipient has to manually type them in, introducing increased error possibility
- Others may send coordinate pairs as text which is more accurate, but still is not as efficient as the feature method offered here.
To use this feature, center the problem area in your Workbench screen.
Before starting, select View > Show Clips Palette. This causes the Clips tab to appear in the Cells list on the left.
- Click on the Clips tab in the “Cells” window.
- Click on the “+” sign to add a saved clip location
You have now identified this window as “Clip 1”. In the picture below, I have added another location “Clip2” also.
3. Once you have all the clips you want, click on the save button:
It will prompt you with a save file location with <filename>.clips. Click OK.
If you then send the <filename>.clips file with your testcase, you ensure a better chance that I will be looking at the exact same windows as you.
If you receive a clips file to use, place it in your working directory and click on the little folder (“open”) next to the save button. Then navigate to the <filename>.clips file and select it. The clip names will appear under the clips tab. Double click on one to view the clip window.
Note that you can also create clips using the "Clips" icon in the top right of the WORKbench editor (not shown here), without using the Clips tab.