BeagleBone Black is a low-cost, open source, community-supported development platform for ARM Cortex-A8 processor developers and hobbyists. BeagleBone Black ships with the Debian GNU/Linux™ in onboard FLASH to start evaluation and development. Many other Linux distributions and operating systems are also supported on BeagleBone Black including:
BeagleBone Black's capabilities can be extended using plug-in boards called "capes" that can be plugged into BeagleBone Black's two 46-pin dual-row expansion headers. Capes are available for VGA, LCD, motor control, prototyping, battery power, and other functionality. Community support can be found at BeagleBoard.org/discuss. For reference desings, visit Reference Designs - PADS Maker Edition - SDD Wiki.
- TI Sitara AM3358 1GHz processor
- 512MB DDR3 RAM @ 800MHz
- 4GB 8-bit eMMC on-board flash storage
- SGX530 3D graphics engine
- microSD connector @ 3.3V
- USB 2.0 Host and Client for power & communications
- Ethernet 10/100 thru RJ45 connector
- HDMI w/Audio (max resolution: 1280x1024)
- 2x46 expansion headers
- Dimensions: 3.4" x 2.1"