2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 1:57 PM by a_whichard

Installation problem with EE 7.9.3

a_whichard

Hello,

I am trying to install Expedition Enterprise Flow version 7.9.3 in the Linux environment  I get the following error mesage:

Error attempting to run the following installation script:

/eda/mentor/expedition/7.9.3EE/SDD_HOME/standard/install_scripts/CopyDashDefaultFiles.sh

I have tried downloading this version several times but no change in results.  The directory /eda/mentor/expedition/7.9.3EE/SDD_HOME/standard/install_scripts/ is empty.

I did not have a problem with the EE 7.9.2 install.  /eda/mentor/expedition/7.9.2EE/SDD_HOME/standard/install_scripts/CopyDashDefaultFiles.sh does exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Installation problem with EE 7.9.3
          ken_foster

I'd be tempted at this point to nuke my $HOME/mgc/install.ixl folder and re-install the Mentor Graphics Installation Program (run install.ixl from the installation source again). I'd also delete the existing /eda/mentor/expedition directory or rename it. If no joy, then I'd look at permissions on the files that are being created and see if they look right considering your umask settings. You could try installing from a different Linux box or try launching from a different shell. If it still fails after all that, you may just want to open a service request. It could get ugly.

Best regards,

Ken Foster

Mentor Graphics Customer Support

• 2. Re: Installation problem with EE 7.9.3
            a_whichard

Ken,

Removing the $HOME/mgc/install.ixl folder, re-installing the Mentor

Graphics Installation Program and running install.ixl from the installation

source again solved the problem.

Thanks!