2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2012 1:04 PM by jknowlden

Can't select parts from project explorer

jknowlden

Hi, I've recently stumbled onto a problem trying to select components from the project explorer window under PADS Layout 9.3.1.  Whenever I click a component, the reference designator background highlights for about half a second like it should, then it just deselects itself.

I do have Allow Selection checked when right clicking in project explorer and my filter is set to allow selecting components.  There is no problem selecting a part in the layout, just from the project explorer.  The problem is not tied to a particular design, it behaves like this even with a brand new file.

It exhibits the same behavior trying to select anything from PCB Decals or Nets, but not Layers.

Does anyone know what I did to break this?

• 1. Re: Can't select parts from project explorer
          MENTOR_BillT

If you have not already done so, try closing out of PADS and restarting to see if that makes any difference.  A similar issue to what you are describing with selecting objects in the Project Explorer can occur when you are in a verb mode such as adding a 2D line, working with component move mode, add route mode etc. If the problem persists close out of PADS Layout, go to Start > Run, type Regedit, click OK. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mentor Graphics\PADS9_3_1\PADS Layout\Workspaces. Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Export, provide a file name and location for the .reg file. Right click on the Workspaces folder again, select Delete. Close out of the Registry Editor and restart PADS Layout.

• 2. Re: Can't select parts from project explorer
            jknowlden

Simply restarting cleared it up.  Can't believe I didn't try that.  Thanks a lot!