2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2008 1:47 PM by Joel_Pointon

Can I setup my Laptop to work Locally & on a Network

Joel_Pointon

I have a laptop and want to work both on a network and locally on the C: drive.  I work in the office and occassionally from home, has anyone created a configuration that will enable a local and network setup?

• 1. Re: Can I setup my Laptop to work Locally & on a Network
          mc

All our VeSys installations on laptops can be used on an off our corporate network.  VeSys itself is installed on the C: drive and license is done by dongle.  All our my documents are replicated onto the network when in office but are available off line and update automatically when next connect to corporate network (as long as the IT department do not delete your profile as happened to me recently!!)

Hope this answers your question.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can I setup my Laptop to work Locally & on a Network
            Joel_Pointon

I have managed to create a configuration on my local machine that can be set to use EITHER local or network configuration files, the only problem with this type of setup is that you have to remember to swap back to the local setup while still on the network - you can still get around this although it involves editing the registry.

The other minor issue with this is that you still have to copy the network files to your local machine which I wrote a simple batch file for.