4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2013 9:18 PM by samir_khanduri

Harness Syncing

fmorgan

So when i try to sync my parts it puts up this syncing error.  What structure is it not happy with compared to the library part?

Multicore MC260 in design: .SCHEMATIC_WORCESTER whose structure does not match with library part structure

Multicore MC258 in design: .SCHEMATIC_WORCESTER whose structure does not match with library part structure

Multicore MC259 in design: .SCHEMATIC_WORCESTER whose structure does not match with library part structure

• 1. Re: Harness Syncing
          samir_khanduri

Hi,

This is a pre-validation error which catches the mismatch between the Multicore's Library definition Vs the design (used) multicore structure.

e.g. I have add a multicore in my Wiring design which had three innercores and one shield:

1.png

Later, I changed the library definition in part library.

2.png

I have deleted one innercore.

Now If I sync, it will complain about the structure mismatch.

3.png

To proceed, I have updated my Wiring design by removing one extra innercore and then I re-Synced.

Please check this is the case in your wiring designs as well?

You can correct your wiring design and then you can try to do a re-Sync.

Please share more information , if this doesn't work.

Thanks,

-Samir

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Harness Syncing
            fmorgan

Thanks for the reply.  I know we have been adjusting the parts in some cases and that possibly could be it.  I understand if a wire was removed but would the wire type or a guage type cause also cause this error?  Usually to fix the problem i have been reconstructing the multicore and assigning the part again to it from the library.   I guess I was looking for a more detailed description of what might be wrong with my multicore.  It does a comparison so couldn't it tell me what the mismatch in the comparison was.  Wire guage different.. missing wire.. extra wire.. ect ect.  This is more like a service engine soon light error..

Thanks.

Frank Morgan

• 3. Re: Harness Syncing
              fmorgan

So i got the error again today and the simple solution is to open up the multicore or i imagine any item you are having issues with and refresh the part to the database. See pic.

The new question, Is there a way to do a global refresh on a project so if i have 50 of these I don't have to individually fix each individual one? 

Thanks

• 4. Re: Harness Syncing
                samir_khanduri

Hi,

Could you please try running "Actions->Update->Batch Update Library Parts" on you designs.

BULP.png

Run this on all of the source (Wiring) designs and save, I hope that this will help you to update all parts thru this batch action.

Thanks,

-Samir