4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 3:14 AM by alguronur

Wire Material Selection Dialogue

alguronur

Hello,

I would like to select appropriate wire material for my design but there isn't any explanation in the manuals regarding the wire material.

What does these abbreviations mean?

BRSS, FOAM, GP, PAPE, PVC, TKT, TP, TWC

Thanks in advance

Onur

• 1. Re: Wire Material Selection Dialogue
          Phil_Davies

Hi,

The abbrviations listed are examples which are defined in the quickstart data e.g. TWC = Thin Walled Cable.  They are specified in Capital Library (Material Codes) and should be specific to your business. 

I would suggest that you delete the codes that are irrelevant or do not make sense and enter new ones that you recognise.

Hope this helps.

Phil D

• 2. Re: Wire Material Selection Dialogue
            alguronur

Hello Phil,

Thanks for your reply. TWC and PVC are the most common wire selection and mostly I use them but I wondered what are the other choices.

The Capital Documentation is so deep but sometimes I have difficulties, where to make my search. I looked for "Material Codes" in all VeSys related manuals and "Capital Library" in the Capital Academy.

Exactly where is that document that contains detalied explanation for Material Codes?

Thanks in advance.

Onur

• 3. Re: Wire Material Selection Dialogue
              andy_cooper

Hi,

To re-iterate what Phil stated; the codes used in the training course and starter data are simply examples that have been created by Mentor that don't necessarily have industry 'explanations' are and not meant to be used by customers in their live environment.

So you can & should design & enter your own format for material and other codes.

Regards,

Andy

• 4. Re: Wire Material Selection Dialogue
                alguronur

Hello,

I see. Thanks for the reply.

With respect,

Onur