I have a old licensed (node-locked) HyperLynx installtion (v6.1) which iam trying to install. The PC has Windows XP SP3. The Hardware Protection Key is FlexID 6 -.
As per http://communities.mentor.com/docs/DOC-3046, this is still supprted.
I followed the installtion instructions as below:
1. Connected the Hardware protection key (dongle) to the computers parallel port.
2. Logged onto the win xp pc with admin privileges.
3. Inserted the HyperLynx CD and Installed using the "Install HyperLynx Simulation Software" button.
4. Then clicked on the "Configure Licensing" button
When the Configure node locked or Client License opens up, It shows me that the status for the Hardware protection key as : No Hardware Protection Key was found.
When i clicked on Test Hardware Key Button... and "Find Keys" I see that only the Superpro Key is found. The Pro, C plus and scribe Keys are not dectected.
5. Then Clicked on Copy from and selected the license.txt file. This file thus gets converted to hyplic.dat and placed in the C:\HyperLynx61\LICENSE folder.
Now when I open the HyperLynx software from Start - Programs Menu, I get the error as shown in attached pic : "Could not check out a HyperLynx license"
I ran the diagonostics from the lmtools.exe also found in the C:\HyperLynx61\LICENSE folder but i there seems to be no errors seen.
I also downloaded the Mentor License Utility and verified the MGLS_LICENSE_FILE (system variable). Also checked the env variable in DOS command propmt using "SET". The MGLS_LICENSE_FILE points to the correct license.txt file.
Still when I run the HyperLynx software, I get the error as shown in attached pic : "Could not check out a HyperLynx license"
How do I proceed to resolve this license error? please help!!