1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 12:50 AM by david_leslie

License Error: Could not check out a HyperLynx License

queenie.demelo

Hi,

I have a old licensed (node-locked) HyperLynx installtion (v6.1) which iam trying to install. The PC has Windows XP SP3. The Hardware Protection Key is FlexID 6 -.

As per http://communities.mentor.com/docs/DOC-3046, this is still supprted.

I followed the installtion instructions as below:

1. Connected the Hardware protection key (dongle) to the computers parallel port.

2. Logged onto the win xp pc with admin privileges.

3. Inserted the HyperLynx CD and Installed using the "Install HyperLynx Simulation Software" button.

4. Then clicked on the "Configure Licensing" button

When the Configure node locked or Client License opens up, It shows me that the status for the Hardware protection key as : No Hardware Protection Key was found.

When i clicked on Test Hardware Key Button... and "Find Keys" I see that only the Superpro Key is found. The Pro, C plus and scribe Keys are not dectected.

5. Then Clicked on Copy from and selected the license.txt file. This file thus gets converted to hyplic.dat and placed in the C:\HyperLynx61\LICENSE folder.

Now when I open the HyperLynx software from Start - Programs Menu, I get the error as shown in attached pic : "Could not check out a HyperLynx license"

I ran the diagonostics from the lmtools.exe also found in the C:\HyperLynx61\LICENSE folder but i there seems to be no errors seen.

I also downloaded the Mentor License Utility and verified the MGLS_LICENSE_FILE (system variable). Also checked the env variable  in DOS command propmt using "SET". The MGLS_LICENSE_FILE points to the correct license.txt file.

Still when I run the HyperLynx software, I get the error as shown in attached pic : "Could not check out a HyperLynx license"

How do I proceed to resolve this license error? please help!!

Thanks

Queenie

• 1. Re: License Error: Could not check out a HyperLynx License
          david_leslie

Hello,

It sounds like your PC is not recognising that the dongle is attached.

As you already have the Mentor Licensing Utility loaded, you can use it to check that the dongle is being seen.  Select Setup > Test/Install Hardware Key Drivers.  This will give you options to install (and remove) the driver software and to test the dongle.

If your PC cannot see the dongle, try another PC to determine if the problem is (a) the dongle or (b) your parallel port.  (Occasionally, parallel ports are disabled in the BIOS.)

If it is a faulty dongle then it may need to be replaced; if so, contact your local office or distributor.  Note that if Hyperlynx 6.1 was released before USB dongles were supported, then a USB dongle may not be an option.

Regards,

David