0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2013 10:51 AM by pshepher

Creating a mipt file: Big Picture Questions

pshepher

I apologize in advance if I this information is already out there, but I have read the xCalibrate Batch User's manual multiple times, and still have some fundamental questions. Background: I am using Calibre 2009 in an academic environment, and am trying to create the PEX file for a fairly simple experimental IC process.

1. When I think of any basic IC process, I consider there to be two mutually exclusive areas of ACTIVE, and FIELD OXIDE. It appears as though Pex will use "type=diffusion" to determine when a region is ACTIVE, instead of FIELD OXIDE, but how does it know which dielectric in the stack is deleted to create the ACTIVE region?
      2. I assume it removes the detected devices during LVS, and only extracts parasticis from layers that still exist after the intentional devices have been removed, yes?
      3. I have a PIP cap with a thin dielectric that only exists when both polys are on top of each other. Can  Ihandle this with a properly configured confromal dielectric, or do I need to specify three custom layer stacks, one with one poly, one with the other, and one with both and the deielectric?

Thanks in Advance,

Paul