4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 7:57 AM by MENTOR_Shannonk

Project Settings and how to control them in PADS 2007.1

kirbstone

Hi,

I'm looking for the file that controls the Project Settings in DxDesigner, specifically the Block/Borders feature. When I change the Default Sheet Size from "D" to "A, B, or C" size, the white box that surrounds the border does not change. I'm hoping it'a a .cfg or .ini file that is currupted so I can replace it or modify it to get it to work correctly again.

We are still using the last version of PADS 2007.1 before it went from ASCII to Binary. Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.

Regards

Kirby

• 1. Re: Project Settings and how to control them in PADS 2007.1
          benny1

Kirby, We still have a station with old DxD, I am not working on it, but I can check it. As far as I remember, ignore the white frame and put border according to the page size you selected.

Try it

• 2. Re: Project Settings and how to control them in PADS 2007.1
            kirbstone

Hi Benny1,

I would like to ignore the white box but it goes through the middle of the schematic. At the moment I told the engineer with the issue to turn off the white box. Everything else seems to work fine so the engineer can keep working. I'm wondering if I corrupted a file someplace on the network or did something on his computer get corrupted?

thanks for the help.

Regards

Kirby

• 3. Re: Project Settings and how to control them in PADS 2007.1
              benny1

Kirby, as I remember from working on 2005, you got the white frame as a consequence of changing the page size. I don't exactly remember the meaning of this frame, I assume that if you will press <HOME> on your keyboard your screen will be zoomed to this frame, but I remember that I put borders bigger than this frame and it worked OK. I does not looks that you corrupted any file / database.

• 4. Re: Project Settings and how to control them in PADS 2007.1
                MENTOR_Shannonk

To change the page size double click in the background, the resulting dialog box has a sheet size choice box. Choose a bigger size. Regardless of sheet size the lower left is always in the same location so if the drawing is being intercepted by the bottom or left side of the white box you should/could move the entire drawing (set your selection filter to everything and rubber band select) into the white extents box.

There shouldn't be any trouble unless you try to print, I think I remember that the extents box is also the printing boundary.