5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 7:32 AM by robert_davies

Slot feature does not work in DxDataBook EE7.9.5

kirbstone

Hi Everyone,

I seem to be having an issue getting the slot feature to work in DXDatabook. I am pointing to a generic Cap using an access database and a dbc but the slot feature does not see the symbol pin mumbers. The symbol has a name, pin type, side and pin numbers. I have the Logical and Physical pins mapped and the symbol shows up in the symbol/cell preview window. Any suggestions on what little piece I could be missing?

Thanks for your help

Kirby

• 1. Re: Slot feature does not work in DxDataBook EE7.9.5
          robert_davies

Can you provide more information? What flow, expedition or netlist? Are you using a central library of net list libraries? Does the slot show up for any other symbols (gates etc)? Which dialog in DxDataBook? Are the pin numbers visible on the symbol? Does adding a Parts=1 property make any difference?

• 2. Re: Slot feature does not work in DxDataBook EE7.9.5
            kirbstone

Hi Robert,

I installed EE7.9.5 update 6 and I'm pointing to a completly new library that is being built from scratch, we are using a central library with Access as our database. I had gone through all the symbols and none of them showed any sloting option until I added the Parts=1 as you had suggested. Now some show the slot feature and some do not. My test was on a couple of capacitors and now some capacitors in the database show the slot feature and some do not, even though databook is pointing to the same symbol. I also noticed that under the (capacitors) symbol preview image there is a check box that says Fixed and the symbol has the slot option but on other (capacitors) symbols the Fixed option is missing and the symbol does not have the slot option. I'm not sure what is going on there yet. My capacitor symbols are missing the standard attributes which may be the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Kirby

• 3. Re: Slot feature does not work in DxDataBook EE7.9.5
              robert_davies

The 'Fixed' option refers to the Cell where you have alternates defined. You can define which o the cells you want to be used in layout and this can be fixed so that it can't be changed in layout.

• 4. Re: Slot feature does not work in DxDataBook EE7.9.5
                kirbstone

Hi Robert,

Thanks I'll have to look into that because I have no cells defined yet on any of my symbols.  It's funny that the "fixed" option is showing up. I have two part numbers pointing to the same symbol and one shows the slot option while the other doesn't. Is the PDB driving the "Fixed" option?

Thanks

Kirby

• 5. Re: Slot feature does not work in DxDataBook EE7.9.5
                  robert_davies

If you are using the central library then the Parts property is not required, though it has no detrimental effect. The key in this case is the PDB and the Part Number, so maybe the part definition is different between the various capacitors.