3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2013 8:23 AM by jgardner

"Update From Library" shows parts no longer in the project

jgardner

Hi,

There is an issue with PADS 9.4.1 where the "Tools->Update From Library" function shows decals that are no longer anywhere in the project.  I've confirmed this using a basic script which lists out all the components in the current project, and the two lists do not match up (the basic script list is correct).  Is there a known fix for this?  I've looked through the communities discussion posts but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

• 1. Re: "Update From Library" shows parts no longer in the project
          jduquette

If they are no longer in the project, why worry?

I expect they used to be in the project but didn't get deleted when the components that use them were deleted from the design.  PADS keeps local copies of all symbols and decals, so they are probably still buried within the file.  If you really want to get rid of them, I'd export ASCII, search for the offending decals, delete them, and then import the ASCII to a fresh file.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: "Update From Library" shows parts no longer in the project
            kbak

Be aware the UFL also lists alternate decals.

regards

Klaus

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: "Update From Library" shows parts no longer in the project
              jgardner

I've narrowed the issue down somewhat.  We don't use Part Types at our company, so normally I don't update the Part Types after the initial import from DxDesigner.  So to solve the issue I was having I had to also update the Part Types in the project, several of which were associated with decals other than the ones that were in my project - but first I had to go through all those part types in our library and associate the correct decal, otherwise several of the decals I wanted in my project would have been overwritten.

I called support, apparently there is no way of only listing the decals in the project in the "Update From Library" dialog without also updating the part types in the project.  The ASCII out and ASCII in method is a little clunkier than what I was looking for, but thanks for the help.