4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2014 1:18 AM by robert_davies

Partlister

kirbstone

Hi,

I am trying to find out where is the information for the PartLister is stored. I would like to control the configuration file path so it points to a specific directory that contains the text, excel and html .ipl files I've created. I thought it might be in a partlister.ini file some place.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Kirby

• 1. Re: Partlister
          robert_davies

The DxDesigner.xml file has one pointer, by default it points to a location in the install tree but you can point to a full path to another location The 'last used' is stored as a key in the project file. This will be changing in the next EE/PADS releases to use the WDIR path, so any ipl file stored in the WDIR will be searchable.

• 2. Re: Partlister
            kirbstone

Hi Robert,

I'm looking at my DxDesigner.xml file in notepad but I'm not seeing the partlister default path, any suggestions on where I should be looking?

• 3. Re: Partlister
              kirbstone

Hi Robert,

Is it possible to be looking at two different DxDesigner.xml files at the same time?

I found the default DxDesigner.xml and modified the path and it worked but I have another DxDesigner.xml in my corporate standard location that I'm pointing at as well. Is it possible to be using both?

Regards

Kirby 

• 4. Re: Partlister
                robert_davies

The DxDesigner.xml file in the 'standard' folder of the install has the following key:PARTSLISTER_DEFAULTS

To answer your follow on question, there can be multiple DxDesigner.xml files in the WDIR path (one per WDIR loactaion), any change you make as a user to settings gets written to your user DxDesigner.xml file in your local writeable WDIR. There is a description of this in the DxDesigner Reference manualm shipped with the product.