To Delete Multiple Symbols from Symbol Library

ajay.satsangi

Hello all,

can somebody help me "TO DELETE MULTIPLE SYMBOL FROM SYMBOL LIBRARY"

Thanks,

Ajay

• 1. Re: TO DELETE MULTIPLE SYMBOL FROM SYMBOL LIBRARY
          Marco

If you open your central library and execute Library Services, go to Symbol Tab and you can now click the red cross and the Delete Symbol form appears.

From there you can select the partition and all the symbols you wish to delete.

delete_symbol.png

Regards

Marco

• 2. Re: TO DELETE MULTIPLE SYMBOL FROM SYMBOL LIBRARY
            greg.hall

Dont know which flow you are using.

I am using the DxDesigner/Expedition flow version 7.9.1 so my solution is based on this.

As far as I know there is not library tools based way within Library manager to delete the symbols. You can delete parts and cells and padstacks but the is no big X to delete a symbol.

Therefore the only way that I implement this is by going into the folder within the library (using windows explorer) where the symbols are and delete them either individually or in a group.

The symbols are located in a folder called SymbolLibs, then you will have a folder whose name you have defined (in my case for amplifies component symbols this folder is called 'amplifiers') then within this folder is a folder called sym.

This 'sym' folder is where the symbols are located and you can delete as you require from here.

Attached is a picture showing located within my library.

• 3. Re: TO DELETE MULTIPLE SYMBOL FROM SYMBOL LIBRARY
              robert_davies

If using the netlist or PADS flows just delete the symbols from the folders where they are stored on your computer.