2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 11:22 AM by ariyer

How to remove a library symbol from DxDataBook?

ariyer

I have an obsolete library symbol in one of my projects. It was created during this project using the Symbol Editor via: File-->New-->Library Symbol.

Is it possible to remove it from the list of available symbols in DxDataBook?

On a similar note, can I add a previously created Symbol to DxDataBook without having to create a new version?

• 1. Re: How to remove a library symbol from DxDataBook?
          robert_davies

What is your source of data for DxDataBook, are you using some sort of parametric database or simply using symbol files? If you are only using symbol files then you can delete the symbol file itself (if it is a library symbol) and it will no longer show up in DxDataBook. Similarly to add a library symbol copy it to the appropriate SYM folder in your library structure. To see the changes the project will need to be closed and re-opened or run Tools - Update Libraries.

For local symbols there is an option to delete them on the RMB context menu from the Symbol View of DxDataBook.

If using a data source of some kind you will need to edit the tables in the source application to add the new part.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to remove a library symbol from DxDataBook?
            ariyer

Hi Robert,

Thanks. Adding/editing/deleting symbols from the SYM folder then running the 'Tools - Update Libraries' command accomplished what I needed.

Regards,

Amrit