2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2014 5:15 AM by MikeD

Where is the position of the Expedition-Windows saved?

frank.hockertz

Hi all,

I am switching between 2 Monitor-Environment and One-Monitor environment from time to time.

It happens that I start the Expedition-Software, but it appears outside of my desktop-window. So, on my monitor I have the icon of Expedition, but Expedtition itself is on the (unconnected) Monitor.

I cannot reach the tool and not move it on the real window.

Q: how is the window-position controlled? Where is this file stored?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Nice Day!

/ Frank

• 1. Re: Where is the position of the Expedition-Windows saved?
          MikeD

Hi Frank,

I'm not sure but I think that's stored in your registry. About accessing the window out of reach, I have a fix. Use Alt+Tab to bring focus to the invisible app, then use Alt+Space to bring up the window control menu. If you can't see it when it pops up, hit the M key (Move) and use the arrow keys to slide the window around. Enter to drop it.

I would try closing Expedition when it's spanning both monitors to see what happens.

Mike

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Where is the position of the Expedition-Windows saved?
            MikeD

Hi Frank,

I did some digging. Below is the key from the registry that records the window size/position when you exit Expedition.

The last two values in "Geometry" are SizeX and SizeY. The others I'm sure refer to screen #, XY position, etc.

I tried changing the SizeX and SizeY but it had no affect the next time I opened Expedition.

It seems that to achieve your goal you'll have to import/export registry settings. That my not be too bad if you can script it. I run Linux and load the registry every time I run any of the tools.

Good Luck~!

Mike

[HKEY_USERS\<MY_USER_ID>\software\Mentor Graphics\ExpeditionPCB\Expedition PCB\2007.00\Settings]

"DisplayJobPathInCaption"="1"

"Geometry"="1,1,3843,0,1917,1200"

"MessageWindowPlacement"=dword:00000003

"MouseMappingMode"="0"

"UseMessageWindow"=dword:00000000

"VBPrintBW"="0"

"VBPrintFitted"="1"

"VBPrintMirror"="0"

"VBPrintNoFooter"="1"

"VBPrintScale"="100"

"VBPrintView"="1"

"VBXyReadOut"="1"