5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 9:05 AM by bbpcbdesign

VX.1 & Utilities / Scripts

bbpcbdesign

Hello,
      during these years were released several scripts, utilities (ALE, Automation Manager, AATK ....).
      I think it will be useful to everyone to know:

1. Someone in "Automation & Scripting team" could tell us what scripts are obsolete because their functions have been implemented in VX?
        This would be very usefull and would avoid having to stand there to check them all. They are many.
      2. I think that those script not implemented should be compatible with the VX.1
        They will be made compatible with the VX.1?
      3. Much more important.
        The above Utilities ( ALE, AM, RPC, LCU and so on ) will be released as I hope for the VX.1?
        I expected it to coincide with the release of VX.1.
        It's already planned their release? Forecasts?

Thanks,

Bortolo

• 1. Re: VX.1 & Utilities / Scripts
          jeremy_parker

I can only comment on the programs that I have created for the community.

ALE, Automation Manager, ect will need to be recompiled for VX because the COM versions changed. Those new versions should be rolling out soon, but if the need arises before I am able to put out a specific program...I should be notified and I will do my best to get that one out sooner than later.

• 2. Re: VX.1 & Utilities / Scripts
            bbpcbdesign

No urgent need, just thought that with the release of VX.1 were also updated these utilities.
            The most important for me is the ALE and Automation Manager.
            If they will be released soon, I'll wait. No problem.

Thanks,
            Bortolo

• 3. Re: VX.1 & Utilities / Scripts
              kendall_hiles

We are almost done with the VX AATK updates. the vast majority of the existing scripts run on 32 bit VX.  We had to do a little more work to support the 64 bit build and we are making some updates to support LINUX.  The cool thing about AATK is you have the source code so if it doesn't work exactly like you want, change it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: VX.1 & Utilities / Scripts
                dave.barber

Do you still use TWC (Trace Width Changer)?

Some menu's have moved in VX and this has broken TWC. I'm thinking of reviving the project to fix these things, but I know that VX now offers many of the features TWC, such as RMB to add more trace widths and Display Control favourites.

• 5. Re: VX.1 & Utilities / Scripts
                  bbpcbdesign

Hello Dave, I thought I heard your name but I was not sure was you. I'm glad to hear you again.
                  Where do you live now? The legendary Dave , I thought several times to you in these years.

Yes, I still use TWC with EE7.9.4. By far the best tool for Expedition!!!!

Unfortunately it didn't work with VX1.1.

Have you a personal account to use? Send me an off-line email.

I need to speak with you about some ideas I'm working on.

BR,

Bortolo