I am using Pyxis Layout Basic (v10.4_0.0).
I have created 2 device cells :
- "dev_A0", which draws a rectangle
- "dev_A1", which makes use of dev_A0
When I create device cell "dev_A2", which makes use of dev_A1, I get an error msg from the $copy function :
"Error : $copy returned error status at line ..."
"Error : Invalid layout relative object ID specified ..."
If I replace dev_A1 by dev_A0, there's no error msg.
In both cases, I am able to get the database ID of the secondary device cell with $get_new_object_handles().
So I am puzzled why the $copy() function failed.
Q. Is there a solution for this problem ?
I have reduced the problem as much as possible and zipped up the project : ABC.tar.gz (10 KB)
In the $ABC/userware/ample/ic folder are :
- device generator files for dev_A0, dev_A1, dev_A2
- a makedevice ample file to convert the above to device cells
- in the "A2.ample" device generator, the "option" variable (line 26) controls which secondary device cell to call
- option = 0 calls dev_A0
- option = 1 calls dev_A1