2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 4:37 PM by kendall_hiles

Delay of a trace

pedro_franca_costa

Hello,

In expedition 7.9.4 i double click a trace and i get the delay in ns and the length in mm.

Now in Xpedition because the double clicking a trace now select the component pins this is a problem i have to deselect the pins to know the delay.

Someone knows a way to double click and select the entire trace and the pins of the components are not selected too? This would be nice.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Delay of a trace
          torsten_nitschke

Hello,

you are rigth, double click on a trace in VX1 does select also the component pins. To get the delay you can open the Constrainet Editor window and select a trace.

Use the 'Actual' bottom at the top to switch on the delay.

You can also see the number of vias used for a net, or you can select more than one trace to compare length or delays. Just open the Constrainet Editor and select a couple of nets.

Thanks

Torsten

• 2. Re: Delay of a trace
            kendall_hiles

I am a big fan of Analysis>Target Lengths  It was in 7.9.x but it has been updated for VX and a big help when tuning Busses in Xpedition!

If you set your tuning in CES to be TOF this form will show time instead of length.  I am dealing with packages so I have to switch the Units and number of decimal places in both CES and Xpedition.

-kendall