3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 6:46 AM by robert_davies

Symbol Editor Preferences

kirbstone

What file controls the Symbol Editor preferences features? I would like to set the preferences up so everyone gets same settings when they create a new symbol.

Thanks

kirby

• 1. Re: Symbol Editor Preferences
          MENTOR_Shannonk

There don't seem to be many "preferences" that are sticky in the Symbol Editor. When you exit the tool the most of ini file is re-written to the standard defaults.

Idea D6595 discusses a different symbol editor issue but in the comments this preferences (pin spacing, colors, etc.) is called out and robert_davies indicates "not expected behavior" and "looking to address it in a future release"

• 2. Re: Symbol Editor Preferences
            kirbstone

Hi Shannon,

Is it possible to copy the .ini file to a company standard location than edit it, maybe in the future? I would like to automatically add certain attributes to the custom symbols the engineers are designing. This would speed up releasing my library symbols in the future. The more I can do to pre configure the symbol creation process the less chance of errors before it gets released.

Thanks

Kirby

• 3. Re: Symbol Editor Preferences
              robert_davies

Not until we ship a new editor with the VX.2 release. This will be based on xDX Designer and so will sue the configuration files and processes supported by xDX Designer regarding corporate settings.