3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 8:15 AM by ken_foster

Opening the schematics with the DxDesigner tool issue

penchalaiah-k@hcl.com

Hi,

I installed the Mentor DxDesigner tool in my new laptop and assigned the network tool license correctly.

I am able to open the DxDesigner mentor tool correctly from the Start/All programs/Mentor graphics SDD/Design entry/Dxdesigner.

I am getting the error message as attachment while creating new project or existing project.

Please let us know how to resolve this issue?

• 1. Re: Opening the schematics with the DxDesigner tool issue
          ken_foster

Pench,

I can't tell which version of software you have, but I suggest you ensure that the software version you are running is compatible with the operating system on your new laptop.

Best regards,

Ken Foster

• 2. Re: Opening the schematics with the DxDesigner tool issue
            penchalaiah-k@hcl.com

Hi Ken Foster,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the EE7.9.5_ESDM.ix2k version tool and PC operating system is 64-bit windows 7 SW.

I am able to open the layout file with the mentor expedition tool and facing only problem with the schematics entry tool i.e. DxDesigner entry SW.

One of my team member is using the same SW with the 64-bit windows 7 and working fine.

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Regards

Pench

• 3. Re: Opening the schematics with the DxDesigner tool issue
              ken_foster

Pench,

That is a supported configuration, thank you for checking.

Try the following, in this order:

1. Reboot your system (processes left over from a previous session or the install could cause this if they are still running)

2. Delete/rename your existing local WDIR. There may be an incompatible or corrupt file in it

3. Run the SDD Configurator again to refresh the registration

4. Reinstall DxDesigner

5. Have another user login on your system and see if it works for them. If so, then your user profile may have a problem. Work with your IT department to correct it.

If all of that fails, open a Service Request if you have a support agreement with Mentor Graphics. This could end up being a nasty problem.

Best regards,

Ken Foster