AnsweredAssumed Answered

PARTQUEST no longer functional

Question asked by tstacy on May 27, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 by tstacy

PartQuest was a useful tool when first used in VX1.1. Was able to download, unzip footprints from Digikey and open in Pads layout and add to libraries. Then I upgraded to VX1.2 a few months back. Have only recently discovered that PartQuest is no longer functional. Can still download parts and unzip from Digikey, but cannot open using "Tools: Import PartQuest Parts" in Pads Layout. Error message "Windows cannot access specific device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access item".

Put in an SR(#2846049879) on Support Net. While waiting for resolution from Mentor, decided to post here to see if anyone else has had this issue and have recommendations. I already tried release switcher back to VX1.1(did not fix issue) and uninstalling PartQuest from system and reinstalling PartQuest(still did not fix issue). Not sure what else to do at this point. Worse case scenario, I would contemplate uninstalling all Mentor products and then reinstalling, but concerned of other issues arising from this "brute force" method.

Any feedback would be greatly aprreciated.

Thanks

Tom S.

Senior PCB Designer

NJ

Inline image 1

Attachments

Outcomes