AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assembly Top/Bottom Mounting Hole Circles?

Question asked by rflowers on Feb 2, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 by wcowles2

Hi yall

I am having no luck getting my mounting hole components to show an assembly bottom circle where the mounting hole is (for the assembly drawing).

I have built into the PCB decal a 3 mil wide assembly top and assembly bottom circle shape the same size as the mounting hole.

On the assembly top, these circles get photoplotted in gerbers on the assembly top.  But, on the bottom, they do NOT get photoplotted.  There is nothing showing the mounting hole location on the assembly bottom.  The gerber layers in CAM is setup exactly the same (except for bottom vs top).

I can add an assembly bottom PAD to the padstack, then photoplot pads on assembly bottom and they will show up on the assembly bottom, but then it is a filled in pad, and I need a circle shape showing the mounting hole on the assembly layers.

Why is it photoplotting the assembly top mounting hole circles just fine, but not the assembly bottom circles, when both exist in the padstack, and both are being pointed to in the gerber setup the same exact way?

How do yall show the mounting holes on the assembly top and bottom in your gerbers?  I need those mounting hole circles to show in gerbers, as I DXF the assembly gerbers out and drop them into an autocad drawing to make the real assembly drawing

Thanks!

Randy

Outcomes