13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 5:33 AM by robert_davies

DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?

kimmo.lindholm

My partlister works ok'ish, but it also shows my block symbols.

If i have a hierarchical blocks in my design, partlister gives first row with all other fields empty, but Quantity is 1

If i add column with System->Id (instance name) Quantity changes to 11, and the listed Ids match to Ids' of my block symbols. (I assume the Id makes them differentiate, as also my CPU part with 3 symbols is now listed three times)

How do i get rid of this completely (the empty line with Quantity 1)?

My partlist columned properties doesn't contain any properties that are on block symbols.

If i set Part List Exclude=True on block symbols, it works, but with side-effect that all the parts in the block are gone too.

• 1. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
          robert_davies

What are the contents of you configuration file (ipl) and do any of the delivered configurations exhibit the same issue?

• 2. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
            kimmo.lindholm

my .ipl is as follows;

<?xml version="1.0"?>
            <PartListerConfiguration version="3">
              <Entry name="description" value="Parts-list in Text format"/>
              <Entry name="outputFormat" value="PLAIN"/>
              <Entry name="outputFileExt" value="txt"/>
              <Entry name="pagination" value="NO"/>
              <Entry name="pagelength" value="65535"/>
              <Entry name="delimiter" value=" | "/>
              <Entry name="delimiterbefore" value="NO"/>
              <Entry name="delimiterafter" value="NO"/>
              <Entry name="addTitleRow" value="YES"/>
              <Entry name="ignoreColumnWidths" value="NO"/>
              <Header>
                <Line text="Parts list $(Drawing Number) - $(Drawing Title Line 1)"/>
                <Line text="Date $(Drawing Author) $(Drawing Date)"/>
                <Line text="Generated on $(DATE) $(TIME)"/>
              </Header>
              <Columns>
                <Column type="PROPERTY" property="ELSI" label="ELSI" width="16" justification="LEFT" sort="ASCENDING" key="PRIMARY" display="Unique"/>
                <Column type="PROPERTY" property="Description" label="Component Name" width="60" justification="LEFT" display="Unique"/>
                <Column type="PROPERTY" property="Value" label="Component Type" width="30" justification="LEFT" display="Unique"/>
                <Column type="QUANTITY" label="Amount" width="4"/>
                <Column type="PROPERTY" property="Ref Designator" label="Locators" width="60" justification="LEFT" sort="ASCENDING" key="SECONDARY" display="Compress"/>
              </Columns>
            </PartListerConfiguration>

And yes, the "SingleLinePerRefDesHTML" did output first line as empty with QTY 1

(Also the header , lines 14-15, does not work. That is discussed in another thread)

• 3. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
              robert_davies

In this configuration what does ELSI mean? Is this a part number or something else?

• 4. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                kimmo.lindholm

ELSI is our own internal property, like part number

• 5. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                  robert_davies

Using your IPL and changing this to Part Number in my experiments it works as expected, no block symbols are exported. Does your design have a this ELSI property on the block?

• 6. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                    kimmo.lindholm

Nope. I tried to change ELSI to part number too, but it did not have effect on this problem.

There are no properties in block symbols that are in partslister config:

The output looks like this:

Generated on Monday, March 20, 2017 18:13:20
                    ELSI             | Component Name                                               | Component Type                 | Amount | Locators                                                     
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     |                                                              |                                |   1    |                                                              
                    C0363-2u2        | Capacitor , Ceramic , X7R , Case 1206 , SMD                  | 2.2 uF , 50VDC , 10 %          |   3    | C1,C5,C6                                                     

And if i add one column:

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Id" label="Id" width="60" justification="LEFT" sort="ASCENDING" key="SECONDARY" display="Compress"/>

I get this kind of output: (Scroll -->)

Generated on Monday, March 20, 2017 18:13:20
                    ELSI             | Component Name                                               | Component Type                 | Amount | Locators                                                     | Id                                                          
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     |                                                              |                                |   11   |                                                              | $1I474,$1I475,$1I476,$1I477,$1I704,$1I705,$1I706,$1I707,    
                                     |                                                              |                                |        |                                                              | $1I4976,$1I5117,$1I5416                                     
                    C0363-2u2        | Capacitor , Ceramic , X7R , Case 1206 , SMD                  | 2.2 uF , 50VDC , 10 %          |   3    | C1,C5,C6                                                     | $1I619,$1I1054,$1I1583                                      

From this i figured out that this is caused by block symbols. As there is e.g. $1I5416 in the list of Id's.

• 7. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                      robert_davies

So has this resolved your issue? If so please mark the question as answered.

• 8. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                        kimmo.lindholm

eww. No. This issue still persists.

• 9. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                          robert_davies

The issue persists because you are using the System variable 'ID', if you need this for some reason then it is behaving as intended, the variable lists all objects with their ID's.

• 10. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                            kimmo.lindholm

I added the system variable "ID" just to debug, as i tried to say.

There is still one empty line with Amount 1 without the system variable "ID"

• 11. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                              robert_davies

I cannot reproduce this with your settings, can you provide the design? If not then contact your local support organisation.

• 12. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                                kimmo.lindholm

I will make a sscce out of this, which i can then provide.

• 13. Re: DxD Partlister lists block symbols. How to avoid?
                                  robert_davies

We have tested this internally using PADS and it is a bug, it does not exhibit the same behaviour in xDX Designer in the Xpedition flow.