4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 9:21 AM by andreh

xDX Databook does not display the cell in Xpedition Cell Preview

andreh

In PADS I have an ODBC connection to my database and have synchronised the fields for symbol and cell name for each part to these same parts in the central library.

This means that the content for symbol and cell name in my database match with the exact symbol and cell names for these same parts in  the central library

When running DxDatabook in PADS DxDesigner I can see the symbol graphic and also the footprint  (called Cell Name) in the decal viewer. This happens for all my database parts because they are defined the same in the PADS central library.

I have now migrated a PADS VX.2.1 project to xPedition VX.2.1 and also migrated the PADS central library to Xpedition central library. i have also re-created the .dbc file for xDxDatabook ensuring that the footprint field in my database has property name of Cell Name. (the same as in my PADS .dbc)

Now when I access the same ODBC database from xDxDatabook I do not see the footprint in the Xpedition Cell Preview

I have verified that I can view the cells when using the Cell Editor from Library Tools from XPCB Layout so I believe that the cells migrated correctly

Any ideas why I do not see these cells from DxDatabook in Xpedition?

• 1. Re: xDX Databook does not display the cell in Xpedition Cell Preview
          tjohnston

For your Xpedition .dbc file change it from Cell Name to PKG TYPE.  To quickly do this, you can just open the .dbc file in notepad and search for AttName="Cell Name" and change it to AttName="PKG TYPE" that way it will leave your FieldName alone so you won't have to make any changes to your database.

-Travis

• 2. Re: xDX Databook does not display the cell in Xpedition Cell Preview
            andreh

Hello Travis - I'm afraid this did not fix my problem, neither as PKG TYPE nor PKG_TYPE.

An observation - I do not see PKG TYPE defined as a System Property in the property definition editor but I do see Cell Name.

BTW - If I select a symbol from the schematic I do indeed see the footprint in the Cell Preview so my question would be how does the footprint get displayed. What property is used to get the footprint from the central library or is there a different mechanism at work

• 3. Re: xDX Databook does not display the cell in Xpedition Cell Preview
              tjohnston

Hi Andre,

Not sure why that wouldn't be working for you...  I've got VX.2.1 as well and it's working just fine for me.  I don't have the PKG TYPE defined as a System Property either, I believe it's built into xDx to support Netlist flows.  When my cell preview didn't work I just tried changing to it to PKG TYPE and that seemed to do the trick.

Double check that you see the following in your dbc file.  My Field Name in my database is still Cell Name and I'm just translating it to PKG TYPE for Databook.

DBC.JPG

When I change back to Cell Name the Cell Preview no longer works in Databook but does work when I select a part in the schematic as you described so I believe that part of it is normal.

-Travis

• 4. Re: xDX Databook does not display the cell in Xpedition Cell Preview
                andreh

Hi Travis

Yes I fixed this and other problems in my .dbc file  - I hadn't mapped my (ODBC) field names to (xDX) property names correctly.

I've got a few irritating problems I am working through with some cells not showing but in the main things now work.

Thanks for your help

Andre