0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 9:24 AM by cathy_terwedow

How do I create Object Lists?

cathy_terwedow

The steps are:

1. Expand the Analysis Setup under the Project Explorer:
        Object-Lists1.png
      2. Expand the + button by Users Object Lists.
      3. Click the right-mouse button on Users Object Lists and select New List.
        Object-Lists3.png
        For this example, I named the new Object List ‘PCIe_Example’. An Object List is a collection of PCB elements, such as signal nets, on which a DRC can be run. In this example, the high-speed nets will be the PCIe nets in the design.
      4. Select the new Object List and edit the name and description (if desired) in the Properties Window.
        Object-Lists4.png
      5. Select the Object Type from the drop-down menu. For this example, I will choose PCIe differential pairs.
        Object-Lists5.png
      6. Change Contents to Auto to automatically add nets to the Object List:
        Object-Lists6.png
      7. Use the GUI to specify the condition that must be satisfied for a PCB element to be added to the Object List. In this example, I chose to find them via the naming scheme of this PCB database. Select ‘New Condition’ >> Click on ‘choose property’ >> Select ‘Name’.
        Object-Lists7a.png
        Another ‘choose condition’ will appear once Name has been selected. Select it and choose ‘Starts With’.
        Object-Lists7b.png
        Type in the name of the nets in your design. In this case, they are named “pcie”. This auto-populates all nets with “pcie” in their name and adds them to this Object List. Notice that in the spreadsheet you now have available PCIe differential pairs!
        Object-Lists7c.png

For more information about Object Lists, watch our videos: Understanding Rules and Object Lists and Getting Started: Organizing and Using Rules. (Note to Focus Group reviewers. The second link currently points to an auth page on mentor.com, not to a live 'www' page.)