2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 1:49 PM by weston_beal

Showing waveform following  IBIS-AMI Serdes Channel Analysis

aleksandr.kupchik@oracle.com

Hello,

Is it possible to view a standard TX and RX waveform in addition to the standard eye diagram?

Alex

• 1. Re: Showing waveform following  IBIS-AMI Serdes Channel Analysis
          weston_beal

Alex,

When you say "standard" eye diagram I assume you are talking about creating an eye diagram in the virtual oscilloscope, not the Fast Eye or IBIS-AMI wizard. So the answer is yes. It is easy. After you run the simulation to create the eye diagram, simply click the Standard radio button.

This will unwrap the waveform back to the full time range that was simulated.

If your question was about Fast Eye or IBIS-AMI wizard eye diagrams then the answer is no, you cannot change those to a single waveform of the million bits simulated. The method that creates these eye diagrams is not intended for these extremely long single waveform views.

Regards,

Weston

• 2. Re: Showing waveform following  IBIS-AMI Serdes Channel Analysis
            weston_beal

Alex,

I just read again your question, but this time I read the title, also. So since you are asking about the IBIS-AMI wizard results, the second part of my previous answer is the answer that you want.

In theory, it would be possible to recreate the long time-domain waveform from a bit-by-bit (not statistical) IBIS-AMI simulation, but what would you do with a million-bit waveform? If you have a suggestion for an analysis that you would like to do, you might get traction by submitting a new idea on this website. Other users might like your idea and support it. Then marketing can see the demand and consider adding the functionality into the tool.

Regards,

Weston