2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 1:57 PM by weston_beal

HyperLynx_DC Drop Analysis

alpesh_borad

Hello,

In DC Drop Analysis

Is it required to Enter the value of DC Sink Model, VRM Model, Reference Net to all the desecrate components across the selected power supply net.

Also suggest the Value for the  DC Sink Model, VRM Model, Reference Net.

Regards,

Alpesh.

• 1. Re: HyperLynx_DC Drop Analysis
          alpesh_borad

Hello All,

In addition to above question.

Is it required to Enter the value of DC Sink Model, VRM Model, Reference Net to all the desecrate components across the selected power supply net.

Also suggest the Value for the  DC Sink Model, VRM Model, Reference Net.

Regards,

Alpesh.

• 2. Re: HyperLynx_DC Drop Analysis
            weston_beal

Alpesh,

The VRM model is required for DC drop analysis. For the most accurate results, you should add models to all the DC current sink pins. If you have a high-current device and a very low current device on the same power net then it might seem reasonable to model only the high-current device. If I were running this analysis, I would model all the pins so that I could see the effect of the large current on the other devices, too.

The values of the VRM and DC sink models depend on the actual components that they model. Use the values that are specified in the respective component's datasheets.

The reference net is not required, but it is usually a good idea to include it. It should be the ground net between the power source and the power sink components. Don't include the reference net in the DC drop simulation if you run out of memory, or if there is no reference net metal structure under the DC sink pin.

Regards,

Weston