4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 12:04 AM by joniengr081

Clarence to plane

joniengr081

Hello, Is it possible to change the plane clearance for already routed traces ? I know we can set the plane clearance in constraint manager but can we change it after finishing routing ? 

• 1. Re: Clarence to plane
          johnduquette

Did you try it?  I've never thought about when in the process the plane shapes are made (I'm a fan of copper pour instead of planes). Change your constraint, and then use modeless commands SPO followed by SPD to see if it changes. 

• 2. Re: Clarence to plane
            joniengr081

@johnduquette Could you please explain bit more ? I am interested to apply the new plane clearance constraint to routed layout i.e. when all routing is done with planes having default constraints. I don't think that new plane clearance constraints will apply automatically for the traces which are routed already. I have checked. Is there any way to apply new plane clearance constraints ? 

• 3. Re: Clarence to plane
              johnduquette

In PADS Layout, plane shapes are defined with <Tools><Pour Manager> when 'Plane areas on layers' is checked.  So do this:

Run <Tools><Verify design>(clearance) to make sure everything is okay before you start

Change your constraint/design rule (Integrated/Netlist)

Repour your shape with <Tools><Pour Manager> (this will repour the plane area with the new design rule)

Use <Tools><Verify design>(clearance) to make sure everything is okay

• 4. Re: Clarence to plane
                joniengr081

I found it under Planes => the first option. It can change the pattern of through hole and also SMD to planes.