1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2018 5:09 AM by wcowles2

DRC on symbol with pass-thru-pin

gw@byk

Hello everyone,

one more problem I just encountered: I created a pass thru pin - symbol. The symbol has two pins (both having the same name, pin number and other properties). When I use this symbol, the net on both sides of the symbol gets the same name. This is the intended behavior. When I run dxDiagnostics after adding this symbol to my design, there are errors encountered (one error for each symbol) but they can be fixed.

When I run Design Rule Check, I get the following errors:

drc-119 - [schematic: Schematic1, component: $26I4624, pin: 1] Dipole pin is shorted to '1'

drc-121 - [schematic: Schematic1.Sheet1, net: JTMS] Missing internal connection symbols on net

drc-121 - [schematic: Schematic1.Sheet1, net: JTMS] Missing internal connection symbols on net

In some way, this is reasonable. The Net "JTMS" is interrupted by the symbol, and with no internal connection symbol, drc-121 is returning an error for each segment of the net; while on the other hand, the symbol is shorted.

Is it possible to set up the test or the symbol, so I won't get the errors reported - just for my symbol? In case, I shorted other symbols, I'd be fine with error messages. I'd rather test for both drc-119 and drc-121, but with my current design, I get more than 1k errors.

Kind regards,

Georg