This does seem odd. Indeed your DRC CHECK MAP does not specify the results database type but the default is GDSII which does match the type you specified in your global results database statement.
Just in case it helps, you might try adding the keyword GDSII immediately before the layer and datatype numbers in your check map statement, then drop the AUTOREF keyword just to simplify the experiment. Just for the sake of morbid curiosity I might change only the first check map statement, the one on line 35, then run a quick test to see if the error shifts to the next check map line or goes away.
Again, it doesn't seem to me that you should have to do either of these things but stranger things have happened and it just may help.
I changed the line to:
DRC CHECK MAP Good_M1_Dummy GDSII 31 1
I get the same error message.
Still seems very odd. A quick next step you could try is to simply add a filename such as test.gds to the end of your check map line. Then there should be no interaction at all with the global results database statement. Let's see how that goes.
That actually worked, and it progressed to the second line that I didn't change. I have now changed both DRC CHECK MAP lines so they say:
DRC CHECK MAP Good_M1_Dummy GDSII 31 1 FixFill.gds
DRC CHECK MAP GOOD_M1_O_Dummy GDSII 31 7 FixFill.gds
This creates the file FixFill.gds. I noticed it does not make the "FixFill.sum" summary report though, I don't know if this matters.
Since this seems to be odd behavior, should I investigate further, or leave it alone because it works?
Thank you very much
Are you using Calibre Interactive GUI, possibly from the layout editor? If yes then that explains what you're seeing. The Interactive GUI starts from the rule file you wrote but it adds several basic statements (including the results database for instance) to create an _rules_ control file that is ultimately used and those defaults aren't necessarily going to match what you have in your original rule file.
One way to account for that is to hit the "load" button in the GUI while the "Rules" tab is active and this will load your specific rule file settings into the GUI, overriding the GUI defaults that were causing the problem.
Another way to accommodate this is to be completely explicit with your check map statements (as in your last experiment) then the default GUI global results database statement won't matter.
With these things in mind the same explanations should help with the FixFill.sum issue you noticed.